Friday, June 5, 2009

I did it!

I finished stuffing, sealing, addressing, return addressing and stamping all the invitations (I won't even discuss all the different stamp combinations I had to master to send invitations to Germany, Canada, England and Colombia among other places. Now I can say that I have seen 61 cent stamps! As well as 17 cents, 4 cents, 3 cents, 72 cents and $1. What I want to know is who is the dude that comes up with the amounts that stamps should come in? I mean, 61cents?!? What can I do with 61 cents? Seriously, is this just to make my life harder? Because of this man's genius - and, yes, I do think it was a man that came up with this - most of the invitations have 3 stamps on them. Those lucky people who live abroad have up to 5!! Luckily the envelope is really big. Otherwise they wouldn't all fit. But I digress.)
YES the invitations are out! So look for yours in the mail soon!
I kept shoving them into the mail slot in our building. They're really big! So I shoved as many as I could in there until there was no space for anything else and then I came back the next day and did the same thing!
So I did it yesterday morning and then, assuming that the mail had already been taken, I went back yesterday late afternoon. The mailman was there at the time. I saw his cart but not him. Bingo! I'm going to give him this last batch and then all of them will go out today! I hunted around for a minute and found him chillin' on one of the chairs in the lobby. Seriously. I'll refrain from commenting. Anyway, I put on my sweetest smile and ask him if he would take the rest of my invitations (the 35 I was holding in my hand). He looked at me, incredulously, and said, "How many of those you got?!"
My sentiments exactly!
I assured him this was the last batch. He took them begrudgingly and I skipped off, free from the burden of my invitations.

No comments: