Saturday, June 20, 2009

AHHHH!

This is a warning for all you people who are planning a wedding. THE WEDDING IS NOT ABOUT YOU! You may think it is. But it is not. It is about your family. And whatever they want is what is going to happen. Especially if they pay for it.
What does this mean? It means there will be tons of people at your wedding that you have never met. And that your parents will invite people to YOUR wedding without even telling you.

Consider yourself warned.

Ok, so that was a little bitter of me. But, let's face it, it's pretty accurate. It's amazing how people get offended by not being invited to your wedding. Even if they haven't spoken to you for five years. And don't particularly like you.

These invitations are officially the bane of my existence. I don't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Can I get a volunteer to take over in this particular area? I'll let you do the seating chart. And I promise I won't say anything if you put my mother next to my bridesmaid's boyfriend's cousin. Or whatever.

1 comment:

Camille Acey said...

my mother (also Ghanaian) is in the process of inviting quite a few people i don't know at all, and i was mentally prepared for it because of this post. so thank you!