Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wishy Washy


Are all couples this wishy-washy when it comes to planning a wedding?!
As long as we have been working on it, I can't say with any certainty where the wedding is going to be or when it is going to be. I mean, the main thing is that we don't want to blow our budget. That's normal enough. Well, it seems that the best ways to save money is to cut your guest list (which we have recently done by 50 people!) and to have your wedding in the off-season. This is a little more difficult because the off-season is the off-season for a reason, you know? Who wants to get married in January?
Certainly not I!
And apparently September is not the off-season (not in Martha's Vineyard or DC anyway). October is the off-season on Martha's Vineyard (of course! because you can't sail or hike or go to the beach, which is the whole point of being on Martha's Vineyard!). But it is not the off-season in DC because it is still pleasant there in October.
So! Save money and wed in a crappy cold season or pay and arm and a leg so that neither you nor your guest have perpetual goosebumps and have to tread through the snow. Hmm. That's a tough one.
Anyway, I think we're still leaning toward Martha's Vineyard. I mean, it's special you know?! And for the reasons I've outlined above moving it to Oct would not be preferable. So the other day I thought, "Why don't we have it in April instead!?!" Brilliant idea. Then we'd have 6 months to plan it instead of 11.
You see what I mean? Wishy washy!
And then we get to the ceremonies. Obviously two ceremonies is more costly than one. So do we just have one? And then if we do, will it be the indian one? or the western one. You see where I'm going with this?!
I think though that now that we're closer to a budget, we'll be able to divvy things up according to our priorities. That should help. I hope!
Anyway, my friend Chris and I tried on some wedding dresses today just for fun. All the dresses at the Ashland Bridal Shop were like size 12 or 16, so please keep that in mind and use your imagination! Anyway, the picture up top was my favorite dress that I tried on.
That being said, I think I've narrowed down a style I like (or rather, I like that style before and now I have confirmation!) V-neck, cinched waste (possibly with ruching). Eyan suggested a short dress. I'm gunning for a long one. But I have to say I saw some cute short ones in a catalogue today, so I could be persuaded otherwise. Mind you, we're not talking short short. We're talking below the knee.
Ok, that's all for today!

No comments: