Saturday, April 25, 2009

Getting going

So, we haven't really done ANYTHING in the last few weeks. I don't know why. Burnout maybe?
But we're trying to get back on the bandwagon.
We registered!
At Macy's and Crate and Barrel.
It's so funny. I was agonizing about where to register - can't be too expensive, must have stuff we like, etc. And then I realized that all the stores have more or less the same stuff! And all the stores charge more or less the same price (well, except for Bloomingdale's. That place is expensive.)
So next thing I know I'm picking china. CHINA. That was weird. And who knew there were so many different patterns? And who knew that Vera Wang and Kate Spade china patterns. Oh the things you learn when you get married!
So the only thing we can't decide on is whether to register for a Kindle. I want to do it it! Walker does not. Because he thinks we can't register for two and if we only have one I'll hog it all the time. Which is absolutely true. :)
We're also getting close to signing a contract with the caterer (gulp!) and I'm finally going to DC to figure out who on earth is going to do my hair and makeup.
And then, of course, we are now talking about the honeymoon!
And I am talking comments, suggestions and the like on this particular topic.
We're currently talking about Greece, Cyprus or Santorini.
We want a beach and some culture. And preferably we'd like to go to a place that neither of us have been to before - which is actually the hardest condition to satisfy since Walker and I have both traveled so much!
I think the sooner we get the honeymoon planned the better. That way when we get stressed out, which WILL happen, we can resort to a honeymoon mantra: "the beach in Greece, the beach in Greece, the beach in Greece!" for example. Ahhhh! I can feel myself relaxing already!

1 comment:

Chetana kochrekar shetye said...

so it looks like hand full of wedding planning...
so have you been to goa(india)i guess all do...but if not you can plan your honeymoon here...its cut differently from the rest of India...lol!u wud find both culture-heritage and oooh our golden beaches...
happy planning to you