Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yummy in my Tummy!

We had our big tasting with our caterer in DC last Friday. It was mmm mmm good!!
I'm so excited about that food. Which is funny, because historically (including in this very blog) I have railed against wedding caterers. Who remembers the food at weddings anyway?!?, I have been known to shout from the rooftops.
Who'll remember the food? I'LL REMEMBER THE FOOD!!
It's going to be very light and summery, which I think will be really nice. I don't want to give too much away, but one of the hors d'oeuvres we are most probably going to serve is a watermelon gazpacho (in a shot glass). How can you NOT get excited about that?! Not to mention, it was utterly delectable!
YAY!

We also met with a videographer when we were in dc. I have to say, I'm not convinced. I mean, yeah, it'll be nice to have the ceremony on dvd for prosperity, etc. but I have yet to see a video that actually looks good. I mean, why do all wedding videos look like they were taken on a handheld camcorder by your 15 year old cousin?! I ask you!!
Not to mention, do you know how much a videographer COSTS? I just don't see how it is worth it. I mean, I'm gonna keep looking for the meantime - I'm sure in 40 years when I can't remember Michael's sermon I'll be kicking myself - but for right now, if anyone has anything overwhelmingly positive to say about wedding videography I'd really like to hear it!

No comments: